Your child will have P.E. twice a week. We will be doing lots of running, jumping and crawling and playing with fun equipment! The guidelines below will help your child have a fun and safe experience.
1. Appropriate footwear: Tennis shoes are a great choice, they stay attached to the foot during all types of movement and provide the necessary support for the developing foot.
2, Sunblock: Please have your child apply sunblock. We will be outside with very little shade. Hats can be worn during class.
3. Re-usable water bottle (no glass please) with their name. During very hot weather we take lots of water breaks.
4. Appropriate clothing: the older the clothes the better! The kids get very dusty playing during P.E., they sweat and then rub their hands on their clothes.
5. Non-participation: if your child is unable to participate please send a note (this will also mean that they are restricted for recess and lunch as well). The note applies to that day. If your child needs to be out for more than a week a doctor's note is required.
6. Extreme heat:
some days can be very warm. During this time we take lots of water and shade breaks. The District has provided a useful link on sports and extreme heat. Hot Weather Guidelines for Athletics
7. Health concerns: if your child has any restrictions on movement or health concerns (such as asthma) please let me know ASAP. Inhalers should come with them to class.
8. Grades: students are graded on their participation and behavior
We are looking forward to a fantastic and fun year in P.E.